How to Pressure Cook Artichokes
Cooks who use pressure cookers regularly swear by this easy and quick way to cook vegetables.
Cooking factors such as style of stove (gas versus electric) and quantity and size of Artichokes will affect the cooking time below.
For jumbo-sized Artichokes, add approximately five more minutes to the cooking time.
You may need to experiment with your pressure cooker to find your perfect cook time and your preferred “doneness” of the Artichoke.
- 4 Medium-sized Ocean Mist Artichokes
- 1 1/2 Cups water
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Bulb garlic
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Trim and prepare Artichokes as described above.
- Squeeze lemon on the fresh-cut Artichokes to retain the Artichoke color.
- Brush the outside of the Artichokes in the olive oil.
- Place the Artichokes stem up in the cooker.
- Pour in the water and salt.
- Place the lid on and apply the lid lock.
- Set the cooker to the low-pressure setting.
- Place on the stove on high; when you hear the pressure being released, turn the stove down to medium; start a timer and cook for 22 minutes.
- At 22 minutes, turn the dial to the pressure-release symbol. When all of the steam has been released and the pressure indicator drops, unlock the lid and remove; use caution, as a lot of steam will be released.
- Remove the Artichokes and set upside down on a tray to cool.
Your Artichokes are ready to stuff, finish off on the grill or simply serve with your favorite dipping sauce.