Carton Yard Loader – Ocean Mist Farms, Castroville, CA
The Carton Yard Loader is responsible for loading and receiving supplies from field trucks and vendors. This position will also maintain inventory with hand-held personal device assistants (PDA’s).
- Load and receive field trucks with supplies in a timely manner.
- Ensure supplies are properly rotated and notify supervisor when supplies are low.
- Maintain inventory with use of PDA’s.
- Perform monthly inventory.
- Ensure work area is clean.
- Fill out daily equipment check list.
- Other duties as assigned.
The qualified candidate will be an effective advocate and, at all times, maintain a professional image that supports Ocean Mist Farms values, image and goals. A strong work ethic, unsurpassed integrity, confidentiality, punctuality, and job dedication is essential to be successful in this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in agriculture cooling, receiving and shipping.
- Basic knowledge of computers and warehouse inventory systems is preferred.
- Basic math and English reading skills is required.
- Ability to operate and drive a forklift; experience and certification is required.
- Class A license is highly desired.
- Able to correctly use radio frequency hand held devices is preferred.
- Bilingual skills in English / Spanish always a plus.
- Travel may be required.
- Often standing, walking, turning, sitting, reaching, climbing stairs for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in an office and cooler environment with an average range between 33 and 110 degrees.
- Can-do attitude with willingness to proactively solve issues.
- Ability to manage a project from its initiation to completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain effective and positive working relationships at all levels including, but not limited to, customers, vendors, supervisors, employees, and peers.
Fax application and/or resume (831) 632-0788
Talent Acquisition Team10855 Ocean Mist Parkway
Castroville, CA 95012