Human Resources Generalist-Recruiter – Ocean Mist Farms, Castroville, CA
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, versatile Human Resources Generalist-Recruiter to actively support all HR initiatives that will further enhance the retention, growth and engagement of our employees. This position will be primarily responsible for performing all activities related to talent acquisition and recruitment related functions. When not recruiting, this position will perform work in other HR functional areas such as training and employee relations.
- Responsible for the full cycle of recruitment. Activities include consulting with hiring manager to develop job specifications, salary benchmarking, sourcing of applicants and interviewing. Will ensure timely preparation and posting of job openings on various job boards, background/reference checks, and post-offer drug screening.
- Coordinates and ensures completion of employee exit interviews. Reports outcome of same to management and tracks/maintains exit data.
- Ensures compliance with applicable employment-related federal and state statutory requirements regarding our overall talent management processes and practices.
- Coordinates and performs new employee onboarding and orientation programs. Proposes and implements ongoing improvements to our recruitment efforts.
- Promotes Ocean Mist Farm’s recruitment brand through social media efforts, community business events and college recruiting efforts.
- Conducts job evaluations and updates job descriptions as needed.
- Collects and reports on recruitment statistics as needed.
- Successfully administers college/university recruitment and summer internship programs.
- Manages anniversary award program, educational assistance programs, and other employee recognition programs.
- Assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Counsels managers, supervisors, and employees regarding HR policies, processes and practices.
- Advises managers on employee relation matters and conducts employee investigations as requested.
- Coordinates and conducts training in support of employee development as necessary.
- Provides innovative techniques to automate manual systems within the HR function that are aimed at increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Leads and participates in cross-functional HR projects to promote strong company culture and unified HR strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources or related field highly preferred. Professional HR certification also preferred.
- Minimum of three years of HR Generalist experience with a specialized focus in recruitment.
- Familiarity with social media and other professional networks (LinkedIn and Facebook).
- Must demonstrate enthusiasm for the work at hand and must be a natural at networking with other people.
- Must be highly dependable, approachable, and a team player with an orientation toward providing excellent customer service.
- Must be able effectively prioritize multiple functions and tasks, communicate as needed with impacted groups, and keep things moving on time to completion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including presentation skills).
- Ability to foster strong internal relationships with hiring managers and employees.
- A high degree of integrity, unwavering commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- Strong business judgement and a high level of initiative.
- Highly experienced and very comfortable with MS Office Suite particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint. HRIS experience in ADP Workforce Now or similar system is a plus.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred.
- Ability to travel occasionally and stay overnight.
Fax application and/or resume (831) 632-0788
Talent Acquisition Team10855 Ocean Mist Parkway
Castroville, CA 95012