Human Resources Manager- Valley Pride, Inc.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Human Resources Manager serves as a proactive business partner to the management team. This position is responsible for managing the planning, further development, implementation and administration of employment policies and human resources activities of Valley Pride, Inc. The Human Resources Manager leads and makes recommendations on labor and employee relations, health and safety, employee training and development, and ensures compliance with all federal and state laws.
- Ensure compliance with, all California and federal laws and consults with management of any changes in those laws that may affect Valley Pride Inc.
- Ensure compliance with laws, state or federal, pertaining to farm labor contractors, and provides any necessary assistance to comply.
- Lead person on matters involving OSHA, EEOC, Federal immigration agencies, the US Department of Labor and any other regulatory agency.
- Effectively manage the hiring, training and development of employees.
- Oversee H2A program by searching, selecting, and keeping a pool of qualified individuals; managing logistics of employee recruiting, transportation and housing accommodations timely and efficiently.
- Guide, train and advise company supervisors and managers in recognizing employee and employer rights and responsibilities and in establishing and maintaining positive employee relations.
- Responsible for understanding critical business issues as it relates to human resources and developing sound recommendations that result in the effective management of the people assets of the organization.
- Provide safety leadership and inspire a safety culture that creates a safe work environment.
- Manage comprehensive and compliant employee safety-training program that relates to our operation.
- Effective overall management and implementation of safety inspections of all harvesting and field operations.
- Oversee the farm labor vehicle driver training program as well as the maintenance of DOT files and related records.
- Serve as an active member of the Safety Board, representing Valley Pride Inc.
- In close partnership with OMF WC manager, provides leadership and direction regarding accident and injury investigation.
- Coordinate light duty work with employee, supervisor, and physician and WC carrier.
- Conduct comprehensive loss and claims management and analysis; follow up with all internal/external parties involved to expedite claims to closure.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or related field.
- Minimum 5-7 years of proven management experience in human resources and safety, preferably in an agricultural environment (harvesting and field operations).
- Must be an effective hands-on manager capable of resolving organizational, training, communication, and interpersonal problems that may arise.
- Must possess solid knowledge on employee rights and employer responsibilities arising under federal and state laws, including the National Labor Relations Act, the California Agricultural Labor Relations Act, California and Arizona Wage and Hour Law, and any other laws that regulate or affect employers in Agricultural industry.
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish and prior experience working with a bilingual, bi-cultural workforce is essential.
- Travel to remote company locations, including the following valleys: Salinas, Coachella, Yuma, and Huron on a periodic basis and as required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other computer software programs as needed.
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
- Valid class C California driver’s license.
Fax application and/or resume (831) 632-0788
Talent Acquisition Team10855 Ocean Mist Parkway
Castroville, CA 95012