Mechanic – Sea Mist Farms, Castroville, CA
The Mechanic I assists and works under the direction of the Tractor/ Truck Shop Supervisor of Sea Mist Farms. This position is responsible for cleaning, servicing, diagnosing, adjusting, ordering parts and completing extensive repairs on farm machinery such as, but not limited to wheel tractors, harvesters, crawler tractors, trucks, buses, tillage equipment, pumps and trailers. From time to time, Mechanic I will have Mechanic II and helpers assigned to work together; they are expected to guide and utilize personnel in an effective and productive manner. This position may be assigned to work in either the shop or field, in hot or cold climates and wet conditions often around loud noise and with dangerous chemicals and solvents or dangerous equipment and tools. Mechanics must be safety oriented and willing, able to wear personal protective equipment.
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions on field equipment, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Produce quality work while maintaining cost controls.
- Establish and maintain an organized, clean work area.
- Maintain communication with manager, fellow employees and field personnel.
- Disassemble and assemble farm equipment without assistance and inspect parts determining when parts are to be replaced or reused.
- Fill out time cards, parts requests, and service reports and establishing and maintaining a good attendance record.
- Work safely around and with equipment and personnel; repairing equipment quickly and accurately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of five years experience working as a mechanic or equivalent training.
- Must have experience in diagnosing and repairing malfunctions in hydraulic, electrical, drive systems and in diesel and gas engines.
- Must have willingness and ability to follow safety guidelines and work safely around and with other personnel; pay close attention to detail and follow directions accurately.
- Must be able to climb, crawl and work in tight spaces, and the ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. short distances.
- Must have the ability to read and understand parts and service manuals.
- Possess and maintain appropriate driver’s license and endorsements; willingness to travel to remote locations for work.
- Must have the willingness and ability to communicate and work with supervisor, warehouse personnel, fellow workers, and office or field personnel.
- Have common and specialty tools to diagnose and repair equipment.
Fax application and/or resume (831) 632-0788
Talent Acquisition Team10855 Ocean Mist Parkway
Castroville, CA 95012