Product Development Intern-Ocean Mist Farms, Castroville, CA
We are currently seeking candidates for their Summer Internship Program. Candidates must be currently enrolled in a college or university pursuing a degree with a major or concentration in environmental science or other closely related field and must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher. All candidates must be willing to work between 30 – 40 hours weekly. All students must provide their own housing and transportation for internship duration. Local travel may be required.
This position is located in Castroville, California and reports directly to the Product Innovation & Research Manager. The intern will learn the functions and support the department through a respectful, productive and energetic style, as guided by company objectives.
- Learn internal new product launch assisting in the whole process: request, gather information, pack style, working with departments.
- Assist in new product request and work closely with departments
- Re-evaluate current new products review recent new products to insure we are packing them as original request and if not, how can we improve or correct it.
- Coordinate primary packaging audit
- Internal MAP product testing
- Other assignments as needed
The qualified candidate must maintain a professional image that supports Ocean Mist Farms values, image and goals. A strong work ethic, unsurpassed integrity, confidentiality, punctuality, and job dedication is essential to be successful in this position.
- Prior internships are always considered but not necessary.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines with sense of urgency.
- A well organized, self-starter, solid communicator to provide task and project updates, keep projects on schedule, and ability to coordinate workflow efficiently and neatly.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and typing skills.
- A true professional who has the desire to learn and engage with all levels of individuals.
Fax application and/or resume (831) 632-0788
Talent Acquisition Team10855 Ocean Mist Parkway
Castroville, CA 95012