Quality Assurance Inspector – Ocean Mist Farms, Castroville, CA
Under the general direction of the Quality Assurance Supervisor, this position will perform inspections on all commodities. Work schedule will be Monday – Saturday, with variable hours as needed to fulfill job responsibility; Sunday and holidays as required. Travel and seasonal relocation will be required to our remote facilities and surrounding areas. This position is located in Castroville, CA.
The qualified candidate will be an effective advocate and, at all times, maintain a professional image that supports the Company’s values, image and goals. A strong work ethic, unsurpassed integrity, confidentiality, punctuality, and job dedication is essential to be successful in this position.
- Respond to requests for Quality inspections of specific lots.
- Perform quality inspections for all commodities harvested each day including outside purchased products for Castroville, Huron, Oxnard, Coachella and Yuma.
- Rate products according to Ocean Mist standards, including additional characteristics such as weight, color, condition, appearance, packing, temperature, etc. Products will be rejected to responsible party if they do not meet Ocean Mist standards; communicate with QA Supervisor / Manager and other departments on product rating. Make recommendations to Quality Assurance Manager for cooling, icing, cartons, packaging and palletizing of product.
- Create inspection reports.
- Communicate and gather general information from buyer representative and CProduce inspectors ensuring inspections are properly completed; monitor CProduce inspectors during their inspections.
- Coordinate with Sales Department to verify delivery of incoming product in poor condition.
- Help prepare and coordinate arrival of product for exhibitions, fairs, conventions, etc.
- High School Diploma or an Equivalent highly desired; requires continuing education in supervision, safety and other job related areas; 1 – 3 years experience as a harvest crew leader/supervisory experience is preferred.
- Ability to read, write and speak in a English capacity at a proficient level is required; bilingual in English/Spanish is highly desired; basic math and reading skills is required.
- Valid California Drivers License, Class C, be insurable and ability to operate a company vehicle is required.
- Majority of time spent working outdoors, often
sitting, walking, standing, kneeling, turning, reaching, climbing stairs for long periods of time; ability to lift 60 pounds without undue physical exertion.
Fax application and/or resume (831) 632-0788
Talent Acquisition Team10855 Ocean Mist Parkway
Castroville, CA 95012