Ranch Manager-Boutonnet Farms Castroville, CA
We are seeking a self-motivated Ranch Manager with a passion for excellence and a strong work ethic. The Ranch Manager is responsible for the accurate, timely implementation of all planting schedules to produce the highest quality, yielding commodities, at the lowest possible cost per carton.
- Oversees implementation of all planting schedules. Anticipates, communicates, revises, and suggests planting schedule challenges and improvements.
- Responsible for the successful ground prep, bed preparation, planting, cultivation, irrigation, fertilization, and pest control of all crops on Boutonnet Farms ranches.
- Effectively supervise the activities of all direct report irrigators and tractor drivers, to maintain the highest quality standards and yields of all crops grown on Boutonnet Farms ranches.
- Physically inspect and maintain notes on the growing progress of all blocks at least three times per week to make sound, accurate farming decisions.
- Organize and schedule weekly work flow so that ranch operations run smooth and efficient. Plan and schedule the next weeks cultural operations communicating a timely plan to employees.
- Knowledge of the correct setup, adjustment, and use of all farming equipment utilized in the farming operation.
- Manage all equipment repairs, maintenance, and fabrication to keep equipment in excellent condition while minimizing cost.
- Maintain a food safe compliant environment on all ranches. Participate and responsible for all required LGMA and other ranch audits.
- Ensure proper work safety protocols are followed by all employees and monthly safety meetings are implemented and attended.
- Monitor and keep upper management informed of all work-related injuries. Work with the Safety Manager and insurance carriers to minimize effects of lost time due to any work injury.
- Immaculate cleanliness and maintenance of all ranches, blocks, yards and any problem weed areas (weeds going to seed) at ALL times of the year. Advise management if support is needed.
- Balance yield, quality and cost per carton of all crops at the most competitive, optimum, level possible.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Agriculture Production or related field.
- Farming experience in production agriculture is highly desirable. PCA license is desirable.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish.
- Valid California Driver’s license required.
- Must be willing and able to work 10 hour days, 5 and one-half days per week and Sundays as necessary.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, vendors, customers and peers.
- Must be a self-starter, work independently, and upon evaluation of all the pertinent facts be able to solve complex problems.
- A strong work ethic, common sense, honesty and integrity are required.
- Farming is a physical occupation with most of the time spent in an outside field environment often standing, walking, stooping, reaching, turning, etc. while being exposed to the elements of the weather.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds without undue physical exertion.
Successful candidates will have high expectations of excellence! Must accept this mental mindset and always put forth the extra effort!
We are proud of the benefits that we offer, which include great compensation, an emphasis on work-life balance, health insurance coverage, insurance for your financial protection, and savings and investment plans. Apply today for this great career opportunity and to be a part of a great team!
Fax application and/or resume (831) 632-0788
Talent Acquisition Team10855 Ocean Mist Parkway
Castroville, CA 95012