Talent Manager- Ocean Mist Farms, Castroville, CA
The Talent Manager is responsible for creating and managing strategies that enhance Ocean Mist Farm’s capabilities to attract and retain a talented, diverse and engaged workforce. This position will lead organizational development and training activities and partner with other HR team members and business leaders to effectively on-board, develop, and mobilize talent to support our strategic business needs. The Manager will play a key role in our ongoing efforts to make Ocean Mist Farms an employer of choice. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources and has one direct report.
- Effectively manages and actively supports all talent initiatives to enable enhanced retention, growth and engagement of talent.
- Manages the recruitment and hiring process for the organization.
- Consults with hiring manager and develops recruitment strategies for open positions. Manages the timely preparation and posting of job openings on various job boards, pre-screening and interviewing of candidates, background/reference checks, and post-offer drug screening.
- Ensures compliance with applicable employment-related federal and state statutory requirements regarding our overall talent management processes and practices.
- Develops, plans and conducts new employee onboarding and orientation programs.
- Supports the development and execution of a comprehensive training, coaching and leadership development program. This includes facilitating and/or providing training to our workforce.
- Conducts needs analysis, identifies key skills, specialty skills and proposes training needs accordingly.
- Promotes Ocean Mist Farm’s recruitment brand through social media efforts, community business events and college recruiting efforts.
- Conducts job evaluations and updates job descriptions.
- Successfully manages college/university recruitment and summer internship programs.
- Effectively utilizes ADP’s Analytics module to track and report on talent activity that is relevant to our managers and business.
- Participates in various compensation surveys relevant to our organization and industry.
- Leverages external market data thorough analysis and makes recommendations to compensation and overall total rewards programs.
- Manages anniversary award program and educational assistance programs.
- Assists in maintaining HRIS data regarding talent acquisition, training and development and performance management.
- Provides innovative techniques to automate manual systems within the HR function that are aimed at increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Leads and participates in cross-functional HR projects.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in the above areas of responsibility. Minimum of 3 years talent acquisition full-cycle experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources or related field desired.
- Broad generalist knowledge of human resource management principles, practices and procedures desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent analytical, planning and process development skills, strong business judgement and a high level of initiative.
- Ability to foster strong internal relationships with hiring managers and employees.
- A high degree of integrity, unwavering commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- Must be highly dependable, approachable, and a team player with an orientation toward providing excellent customer service.
- Highly experienced and very comfortable with MS Office Suite particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint. HRIS experience in ADP Workforce Now or similar system is a plus.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred.
Fax application and/or resume (831) 632-0788
Talent Acquisition Team10855 Ocean Mist Parkway
Castroville, CA 95012