Bacon, Brussels Sprouts & Taleggio Risotto
Chef Adam Schwartz from Tocco restaurant in Chicago shares one of his recipes with us!
24 oz. Vegetable Stock
4 oz. Risotto Rice
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. onion
1 oz. white wine
1.5 oz. Taleggio Cheese, cubed
5 oz. Brussels Sprouts, blanched and quarted
3 oz. bacon, diced
4 Tbsp. butter
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Blanch brussel sprouts in in water until fork-tender; cool.
2. Heat butter in pan until browns, turn pan off. Meanwhile quarter Brussels Sprouts.
3. When butter is browned place 1 oz. of Brussels Sprouts in pan and let set.
4. In a sauce pan, sweat onion in olive oil with a pinch of salt.
5. Place risotto rice in sauce pan and deglaze with white wine; cook until little liquid left.
6. Add 6 oz of Vegetable Stock into sauce pan until a little liquid is left then add 6 more oz, until all gone.
7. When there’s little liquid left with the cooked rice, place Brussels Sprouts, Taleggio Cheese, bacon, salt, and pepper into the pot and cover. Let sit for 5 minutes.
8. Mix ingredients together and place on serving dish.
9. Place Brussel Sprouts on top; drizzle brown butter around and on top of the risotto