Cauliflower Hash Browns
Hash browns have never been so healthy the Ocean Mist Way! One 6-ounce serving of regular hash browns have about 420 calories, where 8 ounces of Ocean Mist’s Cauliflower Hash browns have only 25 calories.
1 head Ocean Mist Cauliflower, raw & chopped
1 cup Red Bell Pepper, chopped
1 cup Yellow Onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. garlic salt
Salt and Pepper, to taste
4 eggs, cooked to your liking (optional)
- Place washed Cauliflower florets into a food processor and pulse lightly until the Cauliflower looks like small chunks of hash brown potato.
- Over medium-high heat, spray a large skillet with cooking spray and add one cup of chopped Red Bell Pepper and one cup of diced Yellow Onion. Sauté veggies until tender about 5 minutes
- Add coarsely chopped Cauliflower to the pan and spray with more cooking spray. Add 1 tablespoon of garlic salt and 1 teaspoon of salt with fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Sauté Cauliflower hash browns until tender about 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite breakfast eggs.
Cauliflowers are one of my favorite vegetables of all time! I love how it can be such a healthy substitute for so many dishes. This is such a deliciou
Cauliflowers are one of my favorite vegetables of all time! I love how it can be such a healthy substitute for so many dishes. This is such a delicious and lighter alternative to the traditional hash brown. You don't feel stuffed after eating this. I personally like to add some minced garlic in there instead of the garlic salt, since I sure love my garlic, but it is just as flavorful without it!