Curried Kalettes® with Chicken
Nutrient-packed Kalettes® and flavor-packed spices complement chicken for a quick and easy one-pot meal.
2 Tbsp. olive oil
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1-1⁄2 tsp. ginger, minced
1 Tbsp. curry powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground turmeric
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. garam masala
1 (14.5 oz.) can tomatoes, chopped
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, divided
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup water
1 bag (6 oz.) Kalettes®
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- In Dutch oven over medium high, add olive oil. Heat for 2 minutes then add chicken; cook chicken in batches to avoid overcrowding pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side to brown but do not cook through. Place partially cooked chicken on plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the onion, garlic and ginger to the Dutch oven. Sauté for 3-5 minutes until the onions are translucent. Stir in curry, cumin, turmeric, coriander, cayenne pepper, garam masala and tomatoes. Stir to combine and heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add yogurt, 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, salt, water and Kalettes; stir to combine. Increase heat to medium high and bring sauce to a boil.
- Return the chicken thighs to the Dutch oven and coat with sauce. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. Chicken is done when juices run clear or an instant-read thermometer reads 165°F.
- Place on serving platter and sprinkle with lemon juice and remainder of chopped cilantro.