Fresh Spinach Pasta
Easy and delicious
Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Source: Ocean Mist Farms
10 oz. fresh Spinach
3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
cornmeal, for sprinkling
- Wash the spinach leaves. Cook, covered, in very little salted water. Drain well, saving the cooking water. Chop spinach fine and set aside to cool.
- Place the flour in a bowl, add eggs and mix well with hands. Slowly add 2 tablespoons of spinach water, then the chopped spinach. Knead well on floured cutting board until
- pasta dough is smooth. Dough must be firm. If necessary, add a little more flour.
- Divide dough into three sections. Roll each dough section out on a floured board with a floured rolling pin to a very very thin sheet (you may also use a pasta machine to roll dough thin and cut noodles). If hand cutting, the noodles should be cut into ¼ wide noodles. Gently lift cut noodles to a platter. Sprinkle with cornmeal and set aside until ready to cook.
- Cook pasta in rapidly boiling water for 10 minutes. When tender, drain immediately and put back in hot saucepan. Add your favorite sauce and cheese, serve.
No reviews for this recipe yet. Be the first!