Ocean Mist Farms’ Fried Artichokes
A Castroville classic. People will love this flavorful dish.
10-16 Ocean Mist Baby Artichokes, rinsed, trimmed and quartered
(See video: How to Prepare Baby Artichokes for cooking)
2 cups Bisquick
1-1½ cups of water
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1 cup cooking oil (enough to cover pan bottom ¼ inch)
Directions:How to Prepare & Cook with Baby Artichokes
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend until smooth.
- Place rinsed/trimmed baby artichokes in bowl of cold water with 3 tablespoons of lemon juice until ready to cook with. Drain well before cooking.
- Cut cleaned and trimmed Baby Artichokes into quarters. Pat dry and then place immediately in batter.
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add enough battered Artichokes to cover bottom. Cook until brown, approximately 2 minutes per side. Remove from pan and salt to taste.
- Serve with favorite ranch dressing or dipping sauce.