Kalette & Beef Stir-Fry with Basmati Rice
This stir-fry recipe uses delicious, tender kalettes that absorb the flavors! Have extra cauliflower or broccoli? Don't be afraid to customize this new dinner staple the whole family will love.
1 cup Basmati Rice
2 cups Water
2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
12 oz. Skirt Steak strips, trimmed and cut
6 oz. Ocean Mist Farms Kalettes, washed and trimmed
3 ea cloves garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp. ginger root, chopped
½ ea yellow onion, sliced
3 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1 Jar (6.5 oz.) Chinese stir fry sauce
1/4 cup Oil
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil and lightly toast the rice.
- Add water, cover and simmer for 12 minutes. Turn off heat and let stand for 5 minutes
- Cook Rice and set aside
- Heat a large sauté pan, and add 1/4 cup oil
- High heat, sear beef for approx. 1 minute, remove from pan and set aside
- In same pan on medium heat, add oil and sauté mushrooms, onions, ginger and garlic for 3 minutes or until onions are tender. Add Kalettes and cook for another 2 minutes. Then add stir fry sauce.
- On a large platter, arrange the rice. Combine the beef with the cooked vegetables and serve over the hot rice