Kori’s Lacinato Kale & Fennel Pasta Primavera
Super simple- all fresh, healthy ingredients-and cooks fast.
1 cup Bow-Tie pasta, cooked according to package
2 cups Lacinato Kale, rinsed and chopped into bite-size pieces
1 can (14 oz.) Diced Italian Style tomatoes
2 tsp. garlic, minced
1 fennel bulb, thinly-sliced
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved (or Mini Heirloom tomatoes)
1 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms, diced
1 cup (8 oz.) Pancetta bacon, cubed
Grated Parmesan, for garnish
- In small saucepot, boil water and cook the Bow tie pasta according to package directions. Drain after cooking and set aside.
- In separate saucepan, cook the cubed Pancetta bacon. Once cooked, set aside over paper towel to absorb grease until ready to add to dish.
- In large saucepot, drizzle olive oil over med-high heat. Add minced garlic; sauté for about 2 minutes.
Add Lacinato Kale and Fennel; sauté about 5 mins until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients: canned Italian tomatoes, fresh Grape tomatoes and Shiitake Mushrooms. Let simmer for about 5-10 minutes, or until everything is softened and cooked.
- Add the pasta to the large saucepot to create a 50/50 mix of pasta and veggies. Drizzle olive oil.
- Lastly, add the cooked Pancetta Bacon unless vegetarian. Let warm over stove for about 5-10 minutes before serving! Served with fresh parmesan.
A flavorful light and healthy pasta. Recipe is easy to follow and make. Goes over well for the entire family. Love how many vegetables are in this. Do
A flavorful light and healthy pasta. Recipe is easy to follow and make. Goes over well for the entire family. Love how many vegetables are in this. Don't need to make a bunch of sides with this. All in one meal.