Warm ‘SuperShreds’ Brussels Sprouts & Pear Salad with Beer & Mustard Vinaigrette
1 Bag Season & Steam® SuperShreds Brussels Sprouts
1 can (15 oz.) Pears in juice, strained and diced
2 oz. Hazelnuts, whole, candied, smashed
1/2 ea. Red Onion, shaved
1 bunch Green onions, grilled and chopped
1/3 cup Peccorino Romano, shaved (or other hard cheese)
1/4 cup Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
1/2 cup Beer and Mustard Vinaigrette, prepared (see below)
Beer & Mustard Viniagrette
6 T olive oil, divided
1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 cup light beer
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 Tbsp. Dijon or whole grain mustard
1 tsp. honey
Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare vinaigrette by combining green onions and garlic in saucepan with 3 Tbsp. of olive oil; cook on low-medium until soft.
- Whisk in beer, vinegar, mustard and honey. Reduce to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool and set aside.
- Pre-Heat oven to 400°F. Toss the SuperShreds with olive oil, salt and pepper. Lay on cookie sheet then place in oven.
- Add pears, green onions, red onions, half the hazelnuts
- Toss with vinaigrette, 4floz is a guide, dress to your preference.
- Serve on a large platter, garnish with cheese and remaining hazelnuts.