6 Reasons Brussels Sprouts Are A Nutrition Powerhouse
They may be small in size, but Brussels Sprouts are big in nutrition, flavor and versatility! Packed with vitamins, antioxidants and nutrients, Brussels Sprouts provide important health benefits to keep your body strong, and can be enjoyed raw, grilled, steamed, fried, and roasted.
Here are six ways Brussels sprouts are good for your health:
1. Brain Health: Brussels sprouts deliver folate, which works with vitamin B12 - found in fish, poultry, meat and dairy - to help prevent cognitive impairment.
3. Eye Health: Brussels sprouts contain disease-fighting phytonutrients, which help protect your eyes from cataracts and age-related macular degeneration.
4. Heart Health: Sprouts are rich in antioxidants, which can help reduce inflammation and promote a healthy heart when part of your regular diet.
5. Gut Health: Just half a cup of Brussels Sprouts contain 2 grams of fiber, which is 8% of your daily fiber needs. Fiber helps support a healthy digestive system and reduces the risk of heart disease.
6. Immune System Health: A 1-cup serving of Brussels Sprouts contains more than 130% of the daily value of vitamin K and high levels of naturally occurring vitamin C as well as B vitamins - all necessary nutrients for a strong immune system.
If you are new to Brussels Sprouts, we recommend our Season & Steam line of pre-cut fresh Brussels sold in several retailers across the country. What makes Season & Steam so special is that our proprietary bag technology allows you to open the bag and season to your taste prior to cooking. In 5 minutes or less, your Brussels Sprouts are ready to enjoy just the way you like them!