Ten Things to Know about Art Munoz, Commodity Manager
Art started his journey at Valley Pride Inc, a sister company of Ocean Mist Farms in 1987. He worked in the fields cutting spinach until he became a foreman five years later. He is now working as the Mix/Romaine Commodity Manager for Ocean Mist Farms
1. Describe your typical work day.
I am out in the fields preparing estimates for the sales team. I report how much product we are going to have in the upcoming harvest of each field.
2. What is your best memory to date of Ocean Mist Farms?
I remember being 20 years old and going down to Coachella for the first time. I often look back on that trip and think about how far I have come and how much I have learned.
3. What is your favorite OMF product?
Romaine Hearts. I oversee their harvest and we eat a lot of them in my house.
4. Who is your hero?
My dad. He always put others before himself and formed me into the man I am today.
5. What is your personal motto?
"Always work hard and treat others the way you want to be treated."
6. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a truck driver, I thought the big rigs were so cool.
7. What is your most prized possession?
My family. My kids are my world.
8. Name one thing on your bucket list.
I always want to be able to say that I have provided well for my family and have been the best role model for them that I can be.
9. What is your favorite TV show?
Anything on the Discovery Channel.
10. What do you never leave the house without?
My cellphone. It is important that I always have it with me to communicate to the rest of my team.