Ten Things to Know about Gary Silacci, Sales Manager
Gary started his journey with Ocean Mist Farms in 1990 working as a fork lift driver in our cooler. He attended Chico State University and worked in Shipping, later transferring into the Sales Department.
1. Use three adjectives to describe your typical work day.
Rewarding, Exciting, and Collaborative. It is important I have positive energy and can work with my Sales Team to broker deals that are fair for everyone.
2. What is your best memory to date at Ocean Mist Farms?
I remember talking with Hugo Tottino before I was hired and him telling me that if I didn’t work out I was gone. Looking back, I realize that I must have worked out because I’m still here.
3. Who is your hero?
My father, he is 88 years old and the strongest man I know.
4. What did you want to be when you grew up?
5. What is your hidden talent?
Cooking. I love to experiment and make new recipes.
6. What is your most prized possession?
My deaf French Bulldog, Stella.
7. What is the best advice you have ever received?
Be concerned, never worry.
8. What is your favorite book?
Slaughterhouse – Five.
9. What do you never leave the house without?
My sunglasses and keys.10. What is always in your shopping cart?
Milk, beer, and cheese. The Basics.