Employee Spotlight: Ten Things to Know About Loreana Medina
Loreana joined Ocean Mist Farms in 2014. As our Senior Safety & Workers’ Compensation Manager, her role is to ensure regulatory compliance and oversee all of our safety management programs.
Since the ag industry "ranks among the most hazardous industries" according to the CDC, Loreana's role is essential for protecting our employees so Ocean Mist Farms can continue providing you with our quality produce every day!
1. How did you start your career?
I started out as a Private Investigator specializing in workers’ compensation claims defense and workplace safety. I was licensed in California for 15 years and had my own PI firm!
2. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted a career in fashion merchandising.
3. Use three adjectives to describe your typical work day.
Fastidious, meticulous and active.
4.What is your favorite OMF product?
Cauliflower and spinach!
5. What is your hidden talent?
Playing sports, specifically football (running back or wide receiver) and baseball (third base or catcher).
6. What is your most prized possession?
My 3 children’s baby photos and memoirs.
7. Name one thing on your bucket list.
Hiking in the Faroe Islands, Denmark.
8. What is the best advice you have ever received?
Be real and never compromise your integrity.
9. What are your favorite books, shows and/or movies?
Watching Investigative ID, Dateline, Snapped, Forensic Files, and Law & Order.
10. Who is your hero?
I was mentored by a respected female figure in the ag industry who proved that women can do more than “survive” in our male-dominated field. I can do better, and I have!