Ten Things to Know about John Broom, Service Innovation & Project Manager
John started his journey with Ocean Mist Farms in 2014 when he was brought on as the Service Innovation and Project Manager. He is responsible for managing all phases of projects within the organization from conception through operational deployment.
1. Use three adjectives to describe your typical work day.
Unpredictable, evolving and challenging. I am always on my toes, ready for what the day ahead may bring.
2. What is your best memory to date of Ocean Mist Farms?
We just successfully launched our appointment loading system! We worked on this project for over two years to ensure we were creating an efficient loading and delivery process to our customer. Great memory and great teamwork by Ocean Mist Farms!
3. What is your favorite Ocean Mist Farms product?
The Season & Steam line. It's such an easy way to cook and enjoy vegetables. I always get the Brussels Sprout Halves.
4. Who is your hero?
My dad. He adopted me and my twin brother as infants and gave us the best upbringing I could have imagined.
5. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I always dreamed of being a Major League Baseball pitcher. I played baseball for Fresno Pacific University and thought I would continue to the professional level from there.
6. What is your most prized possession?
My family. My wife and my two daughters are my world.
7. Name one thing on your bucket list?
Traveling to Italy.
8. What is the best advice you have ever received?
“You change your life by changing your heart.”
9. What is your favorite TV Show?
Golden State Warriors Basketball Games. There is nothing better than cheering on the reigning NBA Champions. Dub Nation!
10. What is one thing that you always have in your grocery cart?
Ice cream. I know I shouldn’t, but Dreyer’s Cookie Dough Ice cream is always at the top of my list!