Savory Artichoke-Parmesan Muffins
This unique muffin is perfect to serve along side a hearty bowl of soup or stew!
2 cooked Artichoke’s Hearts and Stems
(See Video: How to Cook Artichokes for a variety of cooking methods)
½ cup water
¼ cup milk
1-2/3 cup all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp. sugar
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
2 teaspoon baking powder
½ tsp. dried italian seasoning
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mash cooked Artichoke hearts and bottoms with enough milk to make one cup.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, 2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese, baking powder, basil
- and baking soda; mix well.
- Combine Artichoke mixture, oil and egg; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin cups. Sprinkle tops with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Easy to make and have a nice flavor. They have a nice warm, moist inside and a perfectly crispy outer layer. Great addition to serve with soup, stews,
Easy to make and have a nice flavor. They have a nice warm, moist inside and a perfectly crispy outer layer. Great addition to serve with soup, stews, or even as a side with meat or fish. The Parmesan and artichoke flavors go so well together.