Sometimes referred to as the “food of kings”, asparagus has been cultivated for more than 2,000 years. Ancient Greeks and Romans prized both the taste and the medicinal properties they believed it to possess. Ocean Mist Farms places a similarly high value on the delicious asparagus we grow. Only the premier spears are selected to wear the Ocean Mist Farms label! Learn more about our product seasons here.
- Low-calorie, nutrient-rich vegetable
- One serving provides 100% of your daily vitamin C
- Look for firm, unblemished tips.
- The base of the asparagus stem should have a white to light-green color.
Storage and Handling
- Store asparagus in a plastic bag in the crisper section of your refrigerator for up to three to five days.
- Storing asparagus in an inch of water will keep the spears hydrated and prolong freshness. Place the base side down in about an inch of water.