1. Bring a large pot (big enough to hold all 6 artichokes- or else you can work in batches) of water to a boil. Meanwhile, prep the artichokes.
2. Cut off most of the stem from the artichokes so that there’s about 1 inch left. Working your way around each artichoke, pluck off the bottom outer leaves of the artichoke down by the stem (removing about 6-8 leaves). Trim off the top 1/3 of the artichoke.
3. Remove the choke in the middle. To do this, use a large spoon, place it into the center of the artichoke, and scrape out the fuzzy parts and everything in the middle that aren’t the leaves.
4. Place the artichokes in the boiling water and cook for 15-20 minutes until the artichokes are tender and the stem is easily pierced with a knife. Once the artichokes are done, remove them from the pot, making sure to drain out any excess water. Set aside to let cool to the touch.
5. Make the filling by combining the parmesan, mozzarella, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon zest + juice, parsley, and salt + pepper. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
6. Once the artichokes are cool, remove all of the outer leaves. Cut the artichoke down so that you only have the heart and stem remaining. Stuff the artichokes evenly with the cheese mixture and place on a baking sheet.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the artichokes are lightly browned on top and the cheese is bubbling a little around the edges. Serve and enjoy!