- Place trimmed artichokes into a large pot filled with enough water to come up the sides about 2”. Bring to a boil covered over high heat and simmer for 12 minutes. Remove artichokes from the pot, drain and set aside until cooled enough to handle, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray or oil.
- Cut off stems of the artichokes and place on the prepared baking sheet then slice the artichokes in half, remove the choke and cut each half into quarters. Place on the baking sheet with the stems.
- Scatter sausage and potatoes around the artichokes, drizzle with avocado oil and season with herbs de Provence, salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25 minutes, tossing once or twice.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
To trim the artichokes, slice off the end of the stem and using a sharp paring knife, remove the outer layer of the stems. Use a sharp knife to cut the tops (about 1.5”) off each artichoke. Remove the outer leaves completely and using sharp kitchen shears cut the tips of the remaining leaves. The artichoke should be well trimmed with only the tender outer leaves intact.