Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Who doesn't love pizza? This is a great and healthy alternative to regular pizza crust.
1 Head of Cauliflower, Riced
2 Egg Whites
1 Tbsp. Dried Oregano
1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
1 Cup Mozzarella, Parmesan, or Italian Blend Cheese
Parmesan Cheese for Sprinkling Over Crust
Any Toppings You Would Like for Your Pizza
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Put Cauliflower in blender or food processor and blend until it reaches a rice-like consistency (while cauliflower is being riced, add parchment paper to a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray so the crust won’t stick)
- Microwave the riced cauliflower in a bowl until fully cooked (Approx. 6 minutes)
- Add cooked cauliflower to a larger bowl and mix in egg whites, oregano, minced garlic and one cup of desired cheese. Once ingredients are mixed together, mash it in a circle formation (resembling pizza) on the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the crust with Parmesan cheese and put in the oven and bake approximately 12-15 minutes or until crust starts turning a light brown color.
- Remove from oven and add desired toppings. Place back in the oven and broil approximately 60 seconds. Be sure to watch the crust because it can burn easily.
I'm a school clinic nurse and ALWAYS looking for Healthy/Fun/Tasty foods to tell my high school teens about. With Diabetes on the rise and diet with e
I'm a school clinic nurse and ALWAYS looking for Healthy/Fun/Tasty foods to tell my high school teens about. With Diabetes on the rise and diet with exercise a major issue...I'll take all the YUMMY recipes I can get. Thanks OceanMist