How to Bake an Artichoke
One of the best and most popular ways to enjoy fresh Artichokes is to bake it an oven to bring out the great flavors and taste of an artichoke. Learn how to bake an artichoke to perfection following these step-by-step instructions:
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
Spread the artichoke petals open to season.
Between the petals, drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Stuff minced fresh garlic between the petals of each artichoke.
- Double wrap each Artichoke with two layers of heavy-duty foil, sealing well on top by twisting and pinching foil packets.
- Place foil-wrapped Artichokes directly onto a pre-heated oven rack and bake. The baking time can vary depending on the size of the Artichokes. Bake Artichoke for approximately one hour for a Medium-sized Artichoke or one hour and 15 minutes for a Jumbo-sized Artichoke.
- When they’re done, remove the artichokes from the oven and let cool before unwrapping the Artichoke.
- You will know the Artichokes are cooked when a sharp knife goes through the Artichoke base with ease. If the knife goes through with ease (similar to a baked potato), your Artichoke is perfectly cooked and ready to eat.
Artichokes are a very versatile vegetable. Prepare them in various ways, including our two favorites, stuffing and grilling. For refrigerated storage, slice a dime width off of the Artichoke stem, sprinkle the raw Artichoke stems with water and refrigerate them in an airtight plastic bag. It’s best to cook them within five to seven days after you buy them.