Cauliflower & Spinach Enchiladas
A favorite dish!
1 head of Cauliflower, chopped raw in food processor to resemble grains of rice
2 cups of cooked chopped Spinach, well drained
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 Tbsp. garlic salt
2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
½ cup chopped Cilantro
1 Green Bell Pepper chopped
1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
½ Yellow Onion chopped
8 corn tortillas
2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
1 can (28 oz.) mild green enchilada sauce
1 cup sour cream
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray large sauté pan with cooking spray and over medium high heat sauté; add the Green Bell Pepper, Red Bell Pepper, Onion and Cilantro until tender. Add Cauliflower and continue to sauté until the Cauliflower is very tender-about 15 minutes.
- Add to Cauliflower the Spinach, cumin, taco seasoning, garlic salt and black beans. Stir until combined and set aside.
- In small sauce pan heat enchilada sauce over medium heat. Remove from heat and add sour cream, whisk until well combined. set aside.
- Spray 14½ x 9inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Over high heat warm up tortillas on dry griddle until soft.
- Fill each tortilla with cauliflower mixture and 1 tablespoon of grated cheese. Roll tortilla up and set seam side down in casserole. Pour enchilada sauce over filled tortillas and top with more grated cheese. Bake uncovered in oven for 1/2 hour until hot. Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before serving. May serve with cubes of fresh avocado.
My sister-in-law made this recipe and we all said it is a "KEEPER" with a star next to it. All agreed it beats any enchiladas we've ever had. YUM! Jus
My sister-in-law made this recipe and we all said it is a "KEEPER" with a star next to it. All agreed it beats any enchiladas we've ever had. YUM! Just sent it to my son-in-law who is a firefighter and loves to cook. I think the blending of all the ingredients make it so delicious ~