Grower Accountant-Ocean Mist Farms Castroville, CA
The Grower Accountant is responsible for performing various routine and non-routine grower accounting activities. This includes performing accurate and timely payments to growers as well as performing proper accounting of all grower related costs, crop investment activities through grower settlement, and accurate and timely account reconciliations. This position will also provide specialized calculations, perform ledger postings and other related accounting functions as they relate to grower accounting and the settlement process. Must be able to provide operational accounting support to internal departments, company subsidiaries and cross-functional groups.
- Develop and implement accounting processes for Ocean Mist Farms’ shared equity growing deals.
- Document and reconcile accounting activities from custom developed grower settlement application.
- Complete weekly calculations, system inputs and reconciliation of charges to the growers.
- Perform necessary weekly grower settlement functions for the Grower Accountant Staff and Grower Accounting Manager during absences and vacation.
- Review and recommending improvements to internal grower accounting processes and related controls across all entities.
- Prepare necessary analytical schedules to support the month end results;
- Prepare requested management reporting and analysis as it relates to crop investment for the Finance and Production departments.
- Prepare ad hoc reporting as requested by management as it relates to crop investments.
- Provide guidance, support and direction to other functional groups pertaining to the grower accounting and inventory processes. Communicates and educates employees on the internal control requirements pertaining to these same functions.
- Coordinate and assist with the month end close process to ensure the reporting of accurate and timely month end results.
- Submit correcting journal entries to the general accounting group for posting and prepare accounts receivable general ledger related account reconciliations.
- Will be cross-trained in other accounting functions as required.
- Will work in cross-functional teams as required to improve processes used to complete the responsibilities of the position and other areas in the company.
- Act as backup to the Invoicing Specialist as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The qualified candidate will be an effective advocate and must always maintain a professional image that supports Ocean Mist Farms values, image and goals. Attention to detail in all activities is imperative. A strong work ethic, unsurpassed integrity, confidentiality, punctuality, and job dedication is essential to be successful in this position.
- Minimum Associates Degree, focused in accounting or finance is highly desired; equivalent experience is required.
- requires continuing education as needed for role and other job-related areas.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of grower accounting experience is highly desired as well as comparable experience in related agriculture accounting is highly desired.
- Must be bilingual and biliterate (English and Spanish).
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet applications (MS Excel) is required.
- Advanced proficiency in various programs and Famous database (desired), including MS Office (Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint) applications and internet research skills is highly desired.
- A self-starter, ensure delegated tasks are completed with minimal supervisor follow up. Proactively communicate task and project updates to supervisor.
- Communicate with and assist harvesting supervisors and harvesting managers as well as other department personnel as needed.
- Discreet handling of all business matters.
- Coordinate work flow effectively, efficiently, and neatly with a high level of attention to detail as well as superior organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical skills are an integral component is carrying out required duties and responsibilities associated with this position.
- Must be willing and able to work employee work Monday through Friday, including occasional Saturdays.
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance programs are required.
- Travel on occasions may be required to our remote facilities and surrounding areas.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions are also required.
Fax application and/or resume (831) 632-0788
Talent Acquisition Team10855 Ocean Mist Parkway
Castroville, CA 95012